Last updated and reviewed January 3, 2023
1. WHAT ARE COOKIES?
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED
Some cookies collect information about browsing behaviour when you access our websites via the same computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed, your journey around a website and other third-parties widjets installed on this website(i.e. Google products). All data passed by cookies is anonymous and will never contain individual detail such as your name, address, telephone number or payment information but may contain our customer reference number that is unique to you. For more detailed information about how cookies work, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
3. HOW ARE COOKIES MANAGED?
The cookies stored on your computer or other device when you access our websites are created by:
- My Party Bible and are necessary to guarantee a smooth experience on our websites;
- third parties widgets that enhance the security and the features of My Party Bible.
4. WHAT ARE COOKIES USED FOR?
We do not share or resell our cookie information with/to any third parties. Cookies also allow us to work alongside our web analytics partner, Hot Jar, to see how you like to use our website, which pages or special functions you prefer and help us to make them better. We DO NOT match the data we capture through cookies with personal data. We have no intention of building a profile. The main purposes for which cookies are used are:
- For functional purposes essential to effective operation of our websites, particularly in relation to online transactions, site navigation and preferences.
- For analytics purposes to keep improving the website and enhancing user experience using third party analytics services, security services and map services
- To enable us to meet our contractual obligations to third parties when a product is purchased by someone who has visited our website from a site operated by those parties.
- Google ReCaptcha is used to prevent bots from spaming My Party Bible and send a large number of queries
- Google Maps is used to display party location on a map
5. COOKIE TYPES
There are two types of cookie that may be used during your visit to our site:
1. Session cookies
Session cookies are deleted after each visit to our site. For example, when you are browsing our site, it will remember you for the duration of your visit, but the cookie will be removed from your computer as soon as you close down your internet browser. Session cookies help us remembering the various actions you took on the website. For example, if you already have reviewed a venue, we want to make sure you don't have to do it again and later realised you have already reviewed that venue. This type of cookies are in place to ensure you are having a smooth experience on our website.
2. Persistent cookies
Persistent cookies remember you for a set period of time, for example, allowing you to stay logged into your account.
6. TURNING OFF AND DELETING COOKIES
Most web browsers will provide the option to turn off or disallow cookies. How you do this depends on the web browser you are using. Instructions for disallowing cookies can usually be found in the browser's 'Help' menu. Note that in common with most other transactional websites, if you only disable third party cookies, you may find that the functionality of My Party Bible will be affected. Cookies can be deleted using your web browser. However, unless they are disallowed they will be re-applied the next time you visit a website.
If you want to disable cookies you need to change your website browser settings to reject cookies. How you can do this will depend on the browser you use. Further details on how to disable cookies for the most popular desktop browsers are set out here (these may vary depending on operating system and browser version)
For Microsoft Internet Explorer / Edge:
- Choose the menu "Tools" then "Internet Options"
- Click on the "Privacy" tab
- Select "Advanced"
- Choose the appropriate settings
For Google Chrome:
- Choose "Settings" and click on "Advanced"
- Under "Privacy and Security" click "Content Settings"
- Click "Cookies"
- Choose Preferences > Privacy
- Click on "Block all cookies"
For Mozilla firefox:
- Click on the menu icon then select "Options"
- Click on the icon "Privacy & Security"
- Find the menu "cookie" and select the relevant options
For Opera 6.0 and further:
- Choose the menu icon and select "Settings"
- Click on "Privacy & Security"
- Choose the appropriate settings